Here are some very interesting statistics I want you to consider:
- Today 4,103 working Americans will experience a disabling accident or illness.
- So far this year, 1,694,538 working Americans have suffered a disabling accident or illness.
- Accidents are not usually the culprit. Back injuries, cancer, heart disease and other illnesses cause the majority of long-term absences.
- The average length of a long-term disability claim is 34.6 months.
- 65% of working Americans have no income protection plans (that is more than 90% of people who make under $50,000 a year).
As an agent or broker you need to be discussing these points with your clients, but what do you do if the client cannot afford long-term income protection or if they cannot even qualify for coverage?
Disability Advocacy Service (DAS) is the solution to their needs. For $8 a month (less if employer sponsored) DAS provides access to income and health care by covering the employee, spouse and dependent children. If you are offering short-term income plans like Critical Illness, Cancer, STD or others, DAS will help take care of your employees’ and/or clients’ long-term needs.
If you are an employer or a broker for any Health or Voluntary Benefits, please reach out to us!
Stacey Sagues – Stacey@pegcoaches.com or 404-951-9023
Philip Lewis – Philip@pegcoaches.com or 713-823-8253