In the last post we talked about negotiating with your big fish and how to nurture and build on the relationships you are creating. Today we’ll talk about the power your fish has and how to utilize that for your benefit.
One of the most important aspects of this is to keep your cheerleader cheering. This refers to the ally you created in the company and who needs to stay loyal to you in order to continue a profitable partnership with your fish. You can keep your champion going by offering or doing a number of things to show appreciation:
- Share the limelight.
- Help them thank their company with new products and services.
- Emotionally connect them to your company.
- Know when to leave them alone.
- Keep your “family” happy.
- Stay on the front lines.
Now that you have some ideas of how to build solid relationships, you need to seek out people with whom to build these relationships. These alliances will help you get bigger clients that stay with you for the long run. You can often get in the door by offering them something they need:
- Better work experience
These are all great ways to feed your alliance. You need to go into a relationship considering the things a big fish can offer you besides money:
- The opportunity for your business to expand
- The opportunity to learn from the experience and find ways to grow
- The opportunity to improve your processes, systems and other means of doing business
These are some of the best ways to keep your alliances going strong and your partnerships fresh and content.
If you need help with any of these tactics, try our FREE guided tour for great tools and resources that can help you every step of the way.
Or reach out to us:
Stacey Sagues – Stacey@pegcoaches.com 404-951-9023
Philip Lewis – Philip@pegcoaches.com 713-823-8253